Sunday, August 12, 2012

Slice Review

Maryam | 10:49 PM | | |

About Slice:
Slice has collaborated with some of the most innovative designers on the planet. They take everyday products such as scissors, safety knives, letter openers, ceramic knives, safety cutters and they rethink them. What would make a pair of scissors or a safety cutter better? What can be done to make a box cutter so much easier to use? How can beauty tools be reconfigured making them into works of art?

The result is using an award winning collection of innovative cutting tools for the home, office, and school that will help you to slice in style and inspire your creativity through works of art done by yourself.

Slice was founded in 2008 by TJ Scimone as a way to help fund the long-term care for his son, Alex, who is autistic. 1% minimum of all Slice product sales are donated to help fund autism research. By purchasing Slice products, you're helping to find a cure for millions of children and their families who live with autism everyday.


My Review:
I had received the Slice Safety Cutter to review. Honestly, I didn't think it would work as well because of how small the blade was. Here is a picture of the product:


As you can see, it doesn't really look like much. So, I gave it a try to see how well it works. I grabbed some boxes that were already taped and put the Slice to the test. Surprisingly it worked. Like I mentioned before, the blade is small, but it cuts through tape, paper, and even my kitchen table like any other safety cutter would, lol. The great thing about it is that if any of my children were to get a hold of it, it wouldn't cut them. That is a plus. I can also put it on my keeps, so if I am out and about and I need something to cut with, I can use my handy dandy Slice cutter.

The Slice blade is made with Ceramic and the blade will last longer than steel. It stays sharp and will never rust. The safety cutter has a built in magnet and a key-ring hole. It has a rubberized non-slip finish. So no need to worry about it slipping out of your hand when you are using it. It has a finger-friendly design and can be used for the left and right hand.

The Slice safety cutter is a great tool that can be used for pretty much anything. It's a great to have around the house, or even when you are on the go. You never know when you are going to need to Slice something =)
Check out Slice's website for more amazing products
Follow Slice on:

Disclaimer:Products were received for free and reviewed by me. I am honest about what I say and I will not say I like something when I do not. I mention products and/or services that I like for my readers. I am giving my opinion based on what I reviewed. 

1 comment:

UA-58196637-1