Friday, October 12, 2012

Aroma - Rice Cooker Review

Maryam | 6:06 PM | | |


About Aroma:
Aroma Housewares designs kitchen appliance products the fit around today's busy schedules. Their mission is to create an innovative solution that makes things easier for you in the kitchen so you can enjoy more of you life outside of it. Whether it's the "America's Favorite Rice Cooker," a top-selling electric kettle, an ice cream maker or any other kitchen solutions, Aroma is constantly striving to create solutions for an easy, healthy and budget-friendly home cooking.

My Review:
Let me just start off by telling all of you that I LOVE my new rice cooker. This thing is amazing! It makes cooking in the kitchen so much easier. It's like having a second cook in the kitchen. This right here is the rice cooker (model ARC-150SB)which can be found either at Walmart or online.




The one thing I love about the rice cooker is that not only can it be used for rice, but you can also use it for slow cooking or steaming as well.


The rice cooker comes with steam tray, measuring cup and a serving spatula. Features of the rice cooker are:
  • Make perfectly prepared cooked rice - makes 4 to 20 cups of cooked rice
  • Easy to use digital controls for white and brown rice, slow cook, steam, keep-warm and a programmable 15-hour delay timer.
  • Steams vegetables and cooks rice simultaneously
  • Programmable Slow Cooker sets from 2 to 10 hours for deliciously tender meals
  • Nonstick inner cooking pot is removable for a quick cleanup
Let's say you are busy one day and you don't have enough time to make rice because of the busy schedule. With the rice cooker, all you have to do is add the rice, water and set the timer. So if you set the timer to cook the rice in 5 hours, rice will cook 5 hours later and then "BAM", dinner is ready. The Rice Cooker is very simple to use. There are no complicated steps that need to be done. Just a push of a button and you are all squared away. Here is my rice in the Rice Cooker:


All I added was white rice and water. There are simple instructions on how much rice and water you will need, depending on how much you are cooking. I added 3 cups of rice and filled the water up to line 3 in the cooking pot. Inside of the cooking pot there is a water line inside the pot so you will know how much water will be needed for each cup of rice. For 3 cups of rice, it usually takes anywhere from 32-37 minutes - white rice and 93-98 minutes - brown rice. You will get about 6 cups of rice once it is fully cooked.


As you can see in the picture above there is a red light. You will know when the rice is cooking once you see the red bar go around in a circle. Now, the neat thing about this rice cooker is that you do NOT need to set a timer when it comes to cooking, not unless you are setting the delay timer. It will automatically beep once the rice is completely cooked. So all I did was push the power button, the white rice button and done. Here is how my rice came out once it was done.


The rice came out perfect! There was no water lingering at the bottom and no burning. It was better than I thought. Normally when I cook rice I usually do it on the stove top (not the instant rice). Honestly, I prefer to cook my rice in the rice cooker now. It saves time, it's done with a push of a button and it tastes great! I can't wait to use it for slow cooking soon =)

Go check out Aroma Housewares for more information about their Rice Cooker or other household appliances.
Follow Aroma Housewares on:

Disclaimer:Products were received for free and reviewed by me. I am honest about what I say and I will not say I like something when I do not. I mention products and/or services that I like for my readers. I am giving my opinion based on what I reviewed. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm making rice tonight - for tomorrow! I would love to have a rice cooker, so I can program it and have the rice for when I want it. I don't want to wait for rice to cook when you get home, too long! so that puts off a meal to another day - this would be prefect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This rice cooker was one of my favorite things to use in the kitchen. It even made a great slow cooker, but the kids ended up breaking the lid and I had to toss it... Boy was I ticked... Now I just do my rice on the stove top...

      Delete

UA-58196637-1