Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Geek Fuel March Box 2015 / Featuring Game of Thrones

Maryam | 3:37 PM | | | | | | |


I'm a bit late on this box... It's April and I received this box a couple weeks ago last month. But... Here it is! The March box features a lot of goodies for the Game of Thrones fans. Now, I honestly have not seen the show, but I've heard a lot of good. So, I'll have to check it out and see what all the fuss is about. Onto the mystery box!


As you can see from the image above, the box is revealed and the contents have been exposed.

Darryll Jones Poster
Details: A special release from a Shorty Award winner, this poster Han-ors the immortality of the Rebel warrior with its own nod to the Galactic Empire

My thoughts: The first item I pulled out of the box is this amazing poster. I am a HUGE fan of Star Wars and when I seen the Storm Trooper on the jet, I fell in love! The poster is very detailed and it has a realistic look to it. I just love with the art of the poster and I am digging the WW2 fighter jet! That is amazing and it's hilarious to see the Star Wars Rebel just sitting in the cockpit of the plane.


Dragon Glass
Details: If you ever find yourself on the Night's Watch, you'll be exceedingly happy knowing you have the only substance known to kill the dreaded white walkers.

My thoughts: Like I said in the beginning, I know nothing of the Game of Thrones... But I'm sure a lot of you will know what this is in reference to. I do like the spear tip a lot. It might come in handy one day when Aliens come upon us and we have to battle them, lol. It's a bit on the pointy side and it does have some weight to it. If I had to say, it's not one of those cheaply made ones you find on Ebay. I couldn't find much on this Dragon Glass online other than it being used in the Game of Thrones. It is a nice piece to have, but I'd suggest keeping it away from the little ones.


Vulcan Pin - Star Trek
My thoughts: You know, it's sad that the greatest leader of the Vulcanians has passed... In my opinion, Spock made the show famous. You might say otherwise, but I just feel that without him, the show wouldn't have been a huge success. The one thing I enjoy about this pin is that it commemorates the greatest leader to the Vulcans and I will cherish this pin forever! Live long and prosper my fellow Vulcan. You will be greatly missed!


Warmachine Tactics Downloadable Game Code and Sticker Sheet - $40
Details: Whether you love going on solo campaigns to take over the Iron Kingdom or want to battle it out on multi-player, this Steam powered game has the action you're looking for. Spread the love for Warmachine: Tactics with these exclusive, limited edition stickers, featuring some of the best characters from the game.

My thoughts: First off... let me say that I feel like a FRICKEN IDIOT right now... I did my video review first on this box and in the video, instead of say Warmachine I read it off as Warma chine... Wow... Huh... I guess we all have our moments, lol. Anyways, I'm pretty excited about this game. I haven't tried it yet, but I will be soon. Like, soon soon! I've always been a fan of computer games and this game right here looks like it's going to be fun. I love the way the characters in the game look and from the way it sounds, I'm gonna be nerding out big time!


Game of Thrones Comic Book (Receive 1 of 5) - $3.99 and Rated Mature
Details: Let your imagination run wild with the Daniel Abraham's licensed graphic reproduction of the George R.R. Martin classic.

My thoughts: I love my comic books. I've always been into them since I was a wee little one and the more I have, the better. This Issue of "A Game of Thrones" is Issue #13. I'm not reading this yet! It bums me out a bit that the issue is a lot further than I thought, but I mean, I can always get the other ones. I am interested in checking this one out, but before I do that, I have to start with the first issue and read on from there. So far from what I've seen in the comic, it's going to be a great read and I can't wait to plant my face into this comic. The illustrations in the comic are stupendous and it'll definitely catch your eyes. I want to read this!!!


Gears of War Imulsion Energy Drink
Details: When the Gears of War tart turning, you will need the energy of Imulsion to power you through to the living end of the Pendulum Wars.

My thoughts: I'm not a Gears of War fan. I've never played the game and never cared to watch someone play it. I mean, maybe one day I might just get the urge to give the game a shot and see how it is. Maybe... I know a lot of people that go hay wire over the game and the game has become their life, lol. As for this energy drink, I've seen a few of my friends with it, but never cared to try it. I might drink this one if I have no energy on a work night or maybe I'll just display it. I like the design of the can though.


Geek Fuel Featured T-Shirt - Thrones of Games
Details: In homage to our obvious favorite throne, this month we bring you thrones of a different sort! What would it look like if every one of the most famous video game characters had their very own seat of power? Feast your eyes upon our creation and let us know how to relax.

My thoughts: Oh my gosh! I have to give Geek Fuel kudos on the amazing shirt! The one thing lately that I look forward to with the Geek Fuel box is the shirts and this right here is my second one. I am in LOVE with the shirt so much, that I'm going to put this in a frame and cherish it forever. Every throne on this shirt represent the best games ever created! I want to thank Geek Fuel so much for this fabulous shirt!

The Thrones and Details


Game: Super Mario Brothers
Thrown Owner: Mario
Details: It really doesn't get much more classic than the game everyone grew up playing, and Mario's throne features all your favorite parts of the game: ghosts, mushrooms, turtles, transport pipes, and all the all-important questions mark box!


Game: Mega Man
Throne Owner: Mega Man
Details: What would you do if you had an arm that doubled as a gun? Take out every blader, met, and flea you meet, and flaunt that thing! With an impressive backing made of guns and the signature power dots, this one is all about the little blue man that could.


Game: Sonic the Hedgehog
Throne Owner: Sonic
Details: You've never seen a guy love gold rings as much as the only hedgehog you've probably ever known. His throne gives props to all his favorite things, like those speedy sneakers, the warm-weather palm trees, his best friend tails, and checkerboard everything.


Game: The Legend of Zelda
Throne Owner: Link
Details: Featuring his trademark Hylian Shield, Link's throne is one amazing combination of all the things that help him defeat Ganon and save the princess. From his sword and flute, to Majora's mask and the fairies that provide him much-needed advice along the way, this has it all.


Game: Halo
Throne Owner: Master Chief
Details: When it comes to protecting the human race against the Covenant, nobody is more effective than the Mater Chief of the Spartans. His throne features weapons from both sides of the flight, with the Type 1 Energy sword rising above it all.


Game: Final Fantasy VII
Throne Owner: Cloud
Details: Cloud, the iconic blonde from one of the most beloved RPGs of all time, has a throne of his own, which showcases his personal crest surrounded by the weapons of the friends he is lucky enough to have fighting by his side.

My opinion on the whole box: I love every item in this box. Even though I know nothing, not even a hair of what the Game of Thrones is, I still enjoy this box a lot. My favorite pieces in the box would have to be the Vulcan pin and the Thrones T-Shirt. This is my second box from Geek Fuel and I have become an official fan! I'm not just saying that either! The items that they include in the box are double or triple the amount of what you pay each month and I love the themes in each box. There might be a few things out of place, but who cares, lol. I'll leave all their information down below and if you want, check out my video review on the Geek Fuel March Mystery Box.




Check out Geek Fuel and don't forget to subscribe to their monthly box: $17.90 plus S&H each month
They also have giveaways going on each month, so enter monthly for a chance to snag a free box
You can find Geek Fuel on:



Disclaimer: Products were reviewed by me. I am honest about what I say and I will not say I like something when I do not. I mention products and/or services that I like for my readers. I am giving my opinion based on what I reviewed.

28 comments:

  1. I am going to have to show the items in this box to my son! He is a Game of Thrones fan, and he has all of the shows on DVD! I like the Vulcan pin-how cute. These are great items for anyone that is a fan of Game of Thrones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't seen the show... I'm waiting for Netflix to put it on or wait till someone I know gets it so I can see it. I've heard a lot of good and I can't wait to watch it. The Vulcan pin is my favorite!

      Delete
  2. Both my boys are big fans of Games of Thrones. They will love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they will. They've included a lot of nice Game of Thrones items in this box.

      Delete
  3. I bet my big boys would love this, it looks like quite a box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nice, My grandson would have loved this. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great box. I just wish my job would allow me to wear the pin in memory of the great Vulcan leader, lol.

      Delete
  5. wow this is soo not my kind of stuff, but very interesting. im sure a geek would totally love this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I would appreciate it a lot more if I knew and have seen the Game of Thrones, but either way, this is a very nice box.

      Delete
  6. My son would have loved to receive this box full of both Star Wars and Game of Throne items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great box that my hubby and teen would fight over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids fought over some of the items in this box, lol.

      Delete
  8. Subscription boxes are great fun. Being non geek much of what you were describing was way over my head--but I'd wear the T-shirt! Probably not necessary to say but I know nothing of Game of Thrones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I tend to go overboard in my reviews, but I can't help it. My inner nerd just comes out when I do my Geek Fuel reviews and it's exciting to me. And don't feel so bad, I know nothing of the Game of Thrones as well.

      Delete
  9. wow a great box. My son would totally love this. You are right Spock did make the show

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he sure did! He was the greatest leader in the show!

      Delete
  10. Love this "Winter Is Here" Box! My Son is a huge Game of Thrones fan, and I know he really like this! He convinced me to start watching GoT; I have a couple of Seasons to catch up on, but love the show! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, this is why I have to see the show. I've heard nothing but good and everyone talks about it. I feel like I'm missing a lot, lol. And thank you!

      Delete
  11. It looks like a great box. I have not seen Game of Thrones but I have a lot of family that would love this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great box and I love all the goodies that come in them.

      Delete

UA-58196637-1