Friday, August 03, 2012

Splat Hair Dye Review

Maryam | 12:33 PM | |

About the company that created Splat - Developlus:
Developlus was founded in the early 90's. They have been making a name for itself in the world of beauty ever since. Developlus was the first to create a developer that had less than 1% ammonia and they became the pioneers of that technology. The company started out as a small hair color developer company and now they are a multimillion dollar corporation. They offer many products from color care shampoos and conditions, to luxury hair dyes, to their highly acclaimed beauty miracle-color Oops.

Over the last two decades, Developlus has been working closely with the top beauty industry professionals, chemist, and hair colorist to ensure that their products are the cutting edge of technology and at least a few strands ahead of other leading competitions.


My Review:
You have no idea how excited I was when I was given the opportunity to do a review on the product Splat. It got to the point where I was stalking UPS, well, not really stalking, more like checking on the status of the package online. But then again, I guess I was stalking them, lol. Anyways, as soon as I received the package I of course opened it to reveal the hair dye. I had received:
Lusty Lavender
Pink Fetish


At first I thought the colors would have been a bit extreme. I never dyed my hair pink or lavender before. It's usually brown, burgundy, or black. But I figured I go for something else. Add some oomph to my hair.


Each Splat kit comes with: Splat Lightning Bleach and Oxide, Splat Hair Color, Gloves and Easy to follow instructions. Now before you start mixing anything together, make sure you read the directions. The bleach is something that you have to watch out for. If it sits to long, or the bottle is not rinsed after you are done using it, the bottle will explode. I made sure my children were kept far away from me when I was using the bleach. Now, here is a BEFORE picture:


This is me (obviously, lol) before any bleaching. This is my natural color by the way. Well, the top part. The rest was all dyed. Here is a picture of me with the bleach in my hair:


Don't laugh... I know I look ridiculous. Even my oldest thought I looked like a goof ball, lol. He kept saying, "Mama, you look funny", lol. Since my hair was dark, I left the bleach in for about 50-60 minutes. Here is what my bleached hair looks like:


OMG... I kinda freaked when I seen my hair this light. I have never had light hair before. But as you can see, it didn't really come out right. I found out from one of my friends that its best to start from the bottom when it comes to bleaching. I wish I found that out before, but oh well =) So now for the color. This was the fun part. I made sure I put some petroleum jelly around my hair line on my forehead and sides. The hair color does stain. Here is what the color looks like when is is applied:


As you can see I have the Pink in the front and the lavender in the back. I originally wanted to put the pink at the bottom, but I decided to go with this style instead. Something different. I left the color in for 30 minutes. I guess the longer you leave it in, the longer it will last. And now for the moment you all have been waiting for, the AFTER. Drum roll please =P


I love it =) The color went on great. Now they say that you can add the color to your hair without doing any bleaching, but you wont have a vibrant look to it. I wanted the colors to stand out. Oh, and before I forget, all products from Developlus are NOT tested on animals. The great thing about the Splat Hair Color is that it lasts for a whole year. So whatever color is left in the bottle, store it and use it again. Great for touch ups.
Also, Splat is going to release a new product in the New Year. Its called "Splat Hair Chalk". You can create pastel color highlights, color goes on dry and lasts all day. Colors include: Violet Sky, Silver Moon, Dusty Rose, Mint Candy, and Midnight Blue.


Visit Splat Website and check out their amazing colors and products. You can also check out Developlus and see their other products they have available.
Follow Splat on:

Disclaimer:Products were received for free and reviewed by me. I am honest about what I say and I will not say I like something when I do not. I mention products and/or services that I like for my readers. I am giving my opinion based on what I reviewed. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Why thank you =) But, I had to dye my hair back to my natural color because of my job, lol.

      Delete

UA-58196637-1