Thursday, October 25, 2012

Morning Glamour Review

Maryam | 10:51 PM | |
Stacks Image 601
What is the difference between a cotton/polyester pillow case and a satin pillow case? This is something that I have asked myself. Over the years I have heard people praising satin pillow cases. I always thought a pillow case is just a pillow case. Why is satin a much better choice? Well, there are a lot of benefits with satin that are not only good for the skin, but your hair as well. 

Satin Pillowcases are the secret to having beautiful hair and skin. Satin may feel smooth, soft, and luxurious  but it also conditions your hair and skin. I know there are a lot people out there that spend a lot on these hair care products, but why spend so much on these products when you could be getting the same benefits from the products just from using a silk or satin pillowcase as part of your bedding. 


Cotton pillowcases aren't as great as they would seem. They might feel smooth, but they absorb the moisture from your hair throughout the night and this leaves your hair feeling brittle and dry. Surprisingly, cotton pillowcases may actually be the culprit of additional damage to the hair. The reason for this is the constant moving of the head when sleeping. The cotton material causes the hair to become tangles and also hair breakage as the fabric begins to pull individual strands of hair. 

Now, unlike cotton, a satin pillowcase for hair care provides a smooth surface fir the hair strands so they slide with ease and there is no tangling or snagging. Satin pillowcases also help fight against the signs of aging on your skin. Ever wake up in the morning with a simple crease on your face? Well, this crease may result in a deep wrinkle on the skins surface over time. However, when you are using a satin or silk pillowcase, you are preventing these creases or wrinkles which allows you to wake up in the morning with smooth skin.

I love the satin pillow cases I received from Morning Glamour. Now, to be honest, I have never had or tried a silk or satin pillowcase in my life. I've had a feather pillow and that was amazing to sleep on, just wish I knew what happened to the darn thing. As I was saying, the satin pillowcase is something different. Before I had satin, I was using a cotton pillowcase. Don't get me wrong, the cotton case was nice, I just hated some of the "side effects" in the morning. I would wake up in the morning with my skin feeling so dry and my hair so dull. I've always wondered why this would happen.

I didn't even want to wash my hair at night because waking up in the morning made my hair feel as if it was never washed. Then there was the constant static... It was like sticking my hand on one of those electric ball things that make your hair stand. It was dreadful... So, I figured I would try something new. I came across Morning Glamour and said, "Hey, why not I give their satin pillowcases a try and see how that works."

WHOA!!! Big change in everything! I don't remember the last time I woke up in the morning feeling so darn good. I felt like a million dollars! Sleeping on a satin pillow case leaves you feeling refreshed, smooth, and looking great in the morning. To be honest, there is no words to describe the feeling when it comes to using this satin pillow case. I mean when I wake up, my skin and hair are extremely smooth and I don't have any issues with static or dryness what so ever. One thing I have also noticed as well is that I don't really sweat as much at night as I normally would when it comes to using a cotton pillow case. Yes, I do sweat in my sleep. I am extremely sensitive to heat and certain materials, especially on my head.

Using a cotton pillowcase on my head at night is like sticking my head either on a heating pad or in front of the heater. For some reason cotton heats up... When I use my satin pillowcase, I feel extremely cool and this lessens the amount of sweat I would normally get with cotton. I know it may sound weird  but this is how it is with me. I am glad I came across Morning Glamour and was able to try out their wonderful product. I know you will love them as much as I do.

Check out Morning Glamour for their stylish and affordable satin pillowcases
Follow Morning Glamour on:

Disclaimer:Products were received for free and reviewed by me. I am honest about what I say and I will not say I like something when I do not. I mention products and/or services that I like for my readers. I am giving my opinion based on what I reviewed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-58196637-1