Saturday, September 15, 2012

Big Berkey Wise Essential Survival Kit Review

Maryam | 12:53 PM | |
Big Berkey Water Filters offers a wide range of products. They have things like water filters, parts, accessories, Wise food storage, survival kits, and even preparedness products as well. 

I was given the opportunity to review the Wise Essential Survival Kit ($179.00). The survival kit is great for camping, hiking, mountain climbing, and even for an emergency. Each kit is designed to support 1 person for about 2 weeks, or 2 people for 1 week. This is what the bag looks like. It has a ton of pockets on the inside and the out. Perfect for storing a lot of essential items.



Items included in the Survival Kit are:
  • 6 packages of Pocket Tissue
  • 1 4-in-1 Dynamo Flashlight
  • 1 Deck of Playing Cards
  • 2 Waste Bags
  • 1 Note Pad
  • 1 Golf Pencil
  • 2 Maylar Sleeping Bags
  • 1 Leather Palm Work Gloves
  • 1 Bandage Kit containing 36 bandages
  • 1 Water Filtration Bottle
  • 1 Portable Stove
  • 16 Fuel Tablets
  • 1 Metal Knife, Spoon and Fork
  • 1 Sierra Cup
  • 50 Water Proof Matches
The Survival Kit does also come with Wise Food. Wise food is freeze dried making them last for a long period of time. The food packets can last up to 25 years. When you are ready to eat one, all you need it to do is just add boiling water, let sit and then it is ready to eat. 


Flavors included in the Wise Food are:
  • Strogonoff
  • Creamy Chicken Past
  • Cheesy Lasagna
  • Chicken Teriyaki
  • Chicken Ala King
  • Southwest Bean and Rice
  • Multi-Grain Cereal
  • Honey Glazed Granola
You get 11 packages in each Survival Kit. Each pouch has about 4 serving in each, so there goes 44 servings with the 11 pouches. Berky does also have tubs that you can purchase if you are looking to bring for a trip that will take longer than a week or two, need more food for more people, or even something to store for an emergency. I personally think the Wise Food is great to keep around the house such as your basement or pantry. You never know what you will need it. And the great thing about it is that it lasts for such a long time that you can keep it stored away till you really need it.

Check out Big Berkey Water Filters for more information of their products and for purchasing as well
Follow Big Berkey Water Filters on:

Disclaimer:Products were received for free and reviewed by me. I am honest about what I say and I will not say I like something when I do not. I mention products and/or services that I like for my readers. I am giving my opinion based on what I reviewed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-58196637-1